Saturday, January 21, 2012

On a Atapattuian Debut

Hello Internets.


This is the first post of my first blog.The blog  will be mostly about(as you may have guessed from the title)cricket,and Sri lankan cricket in particular.


There are several reasons why I thought of starting a blog about cricket,but they all have the root cause of boredom attached.So yeah..was bored.


Usually as things go with me this blog will probably have a very short life span,during which it will possibly try to fill the reader with opinions full of cynicism.Like giving Mahela the captaincy wont change squat unless we get our selections right,Sacithra Senanayaka's action is gonna be reported..again Etc also its going to have a bit of nostalgia such as http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPmKxh0fvgg&feature=player_embedded :-)

Also to make this blog last a while at least I promise to blog only when I have feel I really got something and not to fill it with shit that will makes less sense than usual.:)


So here's to my first blog and Hope it works out.:-) Your  feed back is most appreciated in the form of comments of all kind :-)


Cheers! 




P.S-For those who did not get the title its a reference to Marvan Atapattu's Debut which was a duck..and the next 5 innings yielded just 1 and it took him 7 years since his debut to reach his first hundred and yet he ended up having an average of nearly 40.While I hope I find success faster.I get inspiration from the dude to get better at what ever im doing :-)




2 comments:

  1. yup.. marvan atapattu is one f the greatest cricketers iv seen :) i tink dt its mahela who is causing problems in the team..causing disharmony and ruining the team spirit..captaincy should go to Sanga.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ Suv-I think he's a cricketer who didn't give up..as for Mahela causing problems in the team..i Have no idea whether its true or not..I personally think captaincy should go to tharanga for ODI's and Thilan for tests as an interim measure.

      Delete